ESA/SRB/ANZBMS Joint meeting 2016
The Programme and Local Organising Committee Chairs, and the Presidents of the Endocrine Society of Australia, the Society for Reproductive Biology and the Australian and New Zealand Bone and Mineral Society extend their warmest invitation for you to attend the combined Annual Scientific Meetings at the popular Gold Coast Convention Centre from 21-24 August.
The programme organising committee consists of members from all three societies and endeavours to present you with the latest and most exciting data from these respective fields with a range of international and national leading speakers. The benefits of this large scale collaborative meeting include: broader content areas, efficiency in meeting attendance and costs for delegates and trade partners, a more diverse variety of sessions, and increased attendees.
Our scientific programme includes invited plenary presentations, symposia and seminars, meet-the-professor sessions, basic and clinical abstract presentations, young investigator awards, and interactive poster sessions. Our speakers are drawn from a truly international profile, with themes in contemporary endocrine, reproductive and musculoskeletal science. Each Society has now organised a series of cutting edge symposia:
- New insights into cross-talk between endocrine tissues
- Endocrine and Bone Complications of Cancer Therapy (ESA-ANZBMS Symposium)
- Translation of novel discoveries to the clinical management of phaeochromocytomas and paragangliomas
- Novel interactome of nuclear receptors
- Adipocyte Regulation of Insulin Sensitivity (ESA-ADS Symposium)
- Endocrine Implications of Cancer Treatment on Fertility (ESA-SRB Symposium)
- Advances in the diagnosis and management of pituitary adenoma
- Endocrine Disruptors and Environmental Toxins
- Mechanisms of Pluripotency and Reprogramming
- Reproduction Down Under
- Determinants of gamete quality
- Pathologies of pregnancy (SRB/ANZPRA Session)
- Insights into the regulation of implantation, pregnancy and parturition
- Environmental impacts on reproduction
- Mineral and bone disorder in chronic kidney disease
- Models of bone disease
- Bone health in neonatal and early life
- Bone disease in the hospital
- Osteoporosis epidemiology and therapeutics
- PTH and PTHrP Actions
- Calcification outside the skeleton
- Diabetes and the Musculoskeletal System (ESA-ANZBMS Symposium)
- Bone and mineral across the eons
- Skeletal Damage and Regeneration
The meeting will provide many opportunities to network and discuss science and medicine, ensure equity of opportunity, find new funding and research opportunities, and build collaborations and contacts with international colleagues. We are sure that you will find this to be a truly exciting meeting presenting both the breadth and depth of clinical and basic research.
Trade partners will have exposure to more areas of specialties in Endocrinology, including these three societies and the Australian Diabetes Society (ADS) and the Australian Diabetes Educators Association (ADEA) meeting on the Wednesday of that week. The three societies share areas of common interest and offer expertise and diversity across the field of endocrinology.
At the end of the conference, you and your families will have the beautiful Gold Coast and Hinterland region to explore
We look forward to seeing you on the Gold Coast!
Fran Milat (ESA POC Co-chair)
Renea Taylor (ESA POC Co-chair)
Brett Nixon (SRB POC Co-chair)
Kirsty Walters (SRB POC Co-chair)
Mark Cooper (ANZBMS Co-Chair)
Mike Rogers (ANZBMS Co-Chair)